Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sign In to Google, then repeat

Signing in to one account and being signed in to all services at once seemed like an obvious thing to have across all services provided by a company. I love the idea since it relieves me of having to remember multiple usernames and passwords, while still having the luxury of actually using a username and password combination.

This is not a dream though. Already many companies like Google, Microsoft and Yahoo allow you to sign in to one user account and use all the services they provide. It is wonderful when it works. When? Well lately Google has been a pain in my **** because I use a lot of Google services. If I don't start by clicking from a signed in page I sometimes find myself betting with my chances of getting into YouTube or Picasa without using my password another time. Now imagine this. Every time I try to play an HTML5 video in Firefox I have to go to http://www.youtube.com/html5 and join the HTML5 video experiment, again. This is not just inconvenient. This is annoying. Not only does YouTube seem to forget a setting that I set, but I also can't play a video if I set YouTube to play the HTML5 version after it asks me to download Flash.

Google fix it!

Rant over and out.

No comments: